A senior official of a seva kendra said the forms will be available only from August 16.
The process of filing claims for non-inclusion in the draft National Register of Citizens began across Assam on Friday. Around 40 lakh people were left out of the list 3.29 crore applicants.
Several people who approached the 2,500 seva kendras across the state said officials had asked them to come back later to collect forms to file claims and objections, according to Hindustan Times. NRC authorities had earlier said that seva kendras for filing claims and objections will open on Tuesday, but it was postponed to Friday. The forms can be submitted from August 30 to September 28.
NRC officials said the form to file claims or objections may be revised after the Supreme Court hearing on August 16, when the top court is likely to prescribe the standard operating procedures. “We will give the forms after August 16,” said senior official of a seva kendra CK Baisya.
The NRC authority had published advertisements on Friday saying forms will be available at seva kendras and can be downloaded from www.nrcassam.nic.in from August 10.
An official at a seva kendra, however, said they had not received the claims and objection forms from the NRC authority, The Telegraph reported. An official at NRC coordinator Prateek Hajela’s office said the forms are not available online.
“The names of four of my family members are not in the list while those of three have been included,” said Abdul Razzak of Jalukbari area in Guwahati. “I came to know the reason for this situation. However, the seva kendra officials failed to come out with clear answers. They only told me that my documents are alright and the final draft will include their names,” he said, according to IANS.